Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentines, Whales and Geckos again....

Deborah Writes

Blake and I had a terrific Valentines day yesterday. I hope you did too. It is really hard not to appreciate each day living in such a beautiful place. Everyday is pretty terrific.

After breakfast and our tradition of card giving and no gifts (although I did bake cookies) we decided to do something that felt more like a holiday. Life is funny because it is so easy to fall into the normal routines and forget to enjoy all that one is surrounded by.

We decided to go to a park for some whale watching. The whales are here for a few months every year. This is the season. We parked our truck and sat on the tailgate; the parking lot was right at the waters edge so it was a pleasant setting and perfect for sighting whales. We have one pair of binoculars that normally we share and that works for us. We got lucky and our neighbor Alex offered to loaned us his binoculars; that was great because we saw so much whale action yesterday. It was spectacular!!!! At first we were seeing the usual things, whale spouts, bits of whales surfacing. Then we saw whales bring up their tales, that was so wonderful.
    AND then..... We saw whales jump completely out of the water, Straight up!! Wow! It happened at least 8 times. I just kept saying Wow! Wow!!! Wow!! it made me all teary eyed.. I could not help it. I would like to say we have pictures of it all, but they are only in our minds eye now. Who can take pictures with binoculars on their faces? We spent 3 hours contently watching.
After we went out to lunch in a nice restaurant down the road. We had coconut shrimp sandwiches, french fries cooked to perfection and a nice cold beer. For dessert we stopped at a place for shaved ice with ice cream, because I needed some. I had forgotten that Blake wanted to stop at the macadamia nut factory where you can sample all the different ways to have a macadamia nut,including Spam flavored ones. Hmmm??? Only in Hawaii!

The drive back to our house was long,only because we both were so tired from sunshine, excitement from whale watching and way too much food...So we took a nap the minute we came though our door. Another perfect day in paradise!




Cookie Monster- are these for me? Wow thanks!



Here I am doing my  daily meditation. I really enjoy hanging the clothes on the line, it's so peaceful to me. There is also the benefit of how great they smell.







No comments:

Post a Comment