Thursday, April 24, 2014

Kitties and a doggie

Well again,  it has been a while since I wrote. It seems like mostly I would have the mundane daily things we all do in life to tell you about; how dull would that be to read? Unlike most years we are not traveling but actually living here. We are not as interesting in this situation I would think.

We did get our building permit the day after my last blog. I also got an agreement for my rental space to open my business. I will take possession on June 1st. I hope to be open for business by the 15th. I have spent much of my time preparing for the business; making custom sheets for my tables, getting all the appropriate licenses; ordering skincare products etc.

Blake and I also babysat for our neighbor Alex. We took care of his dog Lucy and his cat Momma Kitty for 3 weeks while he took a trip to Portland. I had a great time with those two and now they think they are our pets. Lucy in particular is very attached to me. I really wanted a dog, but Blake does not want the commitment. I understand that. So Alex has agreed/suggested that we should share them. He would sign a paper that says he is really their owner; that way Blake can relax. LOL So, I just bring the pets over each day for visits and take Lucy for walks. She is so popular; when ever we go for walks eveyone knows her. I have met so many people because of Lucy. The cat just comes over on her own as cats will do;she spends much of her time at our house and eats here too.. She likes to sleep with Blake at night.

 We adopted the pitiful stray kitty that lived here when we arrived. Blake named him Fao which means ugly in Spanish. He so ugly he is cute.  He only has one ear and that gives him an odd look; the other ear is quite damaged, from what we don’t know. We do not even know what sex it is yet; so we just refer to him as he. The cat does not seem to mind. He would hide from us in fear when we arrived and now he comes up on our porch for meals, lets us get close to him; I try to touch his occasionally. He does not run away anymore, just pulls back. He and momma kitty are great friends. He likes Lucy too. I believe that having the two of them here has made a difference for Fao. He made so much progress the 3 weeks they lived here and continues to do so. He has always lived here but was still a bit farrel. The people who own this home are on the mainland with family they are seniors with health issues. They found homes for their dogs but they just moved away and just left the cat. Alex our neighbor is a softie; so he would feed him once they moved. No one wants him…so he is ours now. We told Alex we would take care of him now that we live here. He is an old cat.


So that’s about it. Mostly I am going to post pictures. They are worth  1000 words.




we like to hang out together
Momma Kitty




FAO


I love it when Deb lets me get in bed with her. I sleep so soundly.
I love going in the car!
I am from the old country LOL
 I see dead people.









No comments:

Post a Comment