Thursday, January 30, 2014

Something old is Something new...to me.

Deborah Writes

We just finished our second week here in Hawi and are halfway through the third. How times flies!  We are very happy here so far. Just a short note to you so I can post these pictures. As usual I am still shopping and having a ball; I have an excuse to shop; not that I need it.... 
Blake is not complaining because we need stuff for the house; more importantly for him is the level of frugality I am exercising. It appeals to his innermost self. I am a shopping “star” in his eyes right now.
 Most of my shopping this week has been second hand; I love the hunt and the treasures I find; I go most days to the 3 local shops; and whenever we leave town I stop at shops there. And I do brake for “Yard Sales” I love saving money as well. The dump is by far my most favorite store; I have gotten many things for a pittance; and some free stuff too, that gets left by the dumpsters. I love saving the planet and my wallet by re-using things. Or up-cycled as we call it now a days. I got two great chairs and I will post them in few days after I finish redoing them. Our house is going to cost a bundle! So getting lovely things affordable will help me to make it a beautiful home.

Blake is busy getting bids for the works from different contractors;it is much more than he though it might be. Its a hard nut to chew! He loves it here, so I am sure he will make all the mental adjustments to costs and make the choices he feels best with. He loves a project too and is excited about building another home. And now for some pictures...



 2 ugly but good quality feather pillows $1.00 each- BEFORE
 AFTER - I made covers with some free fabric Beautiful now
 2 nice mugs from Thrift shop 25 cents each
 The cups were promotional materials at  some point for Kahlua
 so now I have non- alcoholic Kalua in my coffee.LOL
 Plate from Thrift shop $5.00
 I perched it on a $6.00 lazy Susan mechanism I got at home depot
Now it is a fun functional Lazy Susan
 Here is it in use
 Message board from the dump $5.00 and a little elbow grease.
 Thrift store-basket  $5.00 I put the cup next to it so you can see how large it is.
 Antique Store $ 40.00  Chinese Basket
It has 3 stacking baskets and is about 2 feet tall.I am using it for sewing supplies.
 Consignment shop $14.00 It measures about 24 inches left to right
 Yard sale Old purse with some shabby edges. $2.00
 Perfect to keep my velcro rollers in and looks nice
 Thrift shop  $8.00  these are hand made pitchers.
 Thrift shop $3.00 Circumference 14 inches
 Plate 25 Cents at thrift shop
2 vases 25 cents each at the dump 


 Thrift shop- Lamp complete with light bulb $1.00
Another Gecko

No comments:

Post a Comment